Friday, September 12, 2014

And so it begins.

In 1794, Robert Burns (a treasured albeit black sheep, distant relative of mine) wrote:

O my Luve's like a red, red rose, 

That's newly sprung in June: 

O my Luve's like the melodie, 

That's sweetly play'd in tune. 


As fair art thou, my bonie lass, 

So deep in luve am I; 

And I will luve thee still, my dear, 

Till a' the seas gang dry. 


Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear, 

And the rocks melt wi' the sun; 

And I will luve thee still, my dear, 

While the sands o' life shall run. 


And fare-thee-weel, my only Luve! 

And fare-thee-weel, a while! 

And I will come again, my Luve, 

Tho' 'twere ten thousand mile!


And though it isnt exactly a red rose, I hope you enjoy both the painting and Burns' words. 

 This 6 x 6 watercolored rose is one of the 3 prizes  you could win in 7 days. CONTEST to win FREE ART is on. The winner will be announced next Friday morning, Sept. 19th.

Remember, starting today you have 7 days to get as many entires in as you can. See below for the 3 ways you can enter daily.



How you enter:
All you do is show me that you are been joining me in my 30 in 30 by using social media.
1) Follow me and Re-pin ('Carlye' on Pinterest) my daily 30 in 30 post for the next 7 days. 
Each day repinned = 1 entry
2) Follow my shop on Etsy before next Thursday 6pm (carlyedaugird) = 1entry
3) Leave me a comment here on my blog. Each day commented = 1 entry




No comments:

Post a Comment