Thursday, April 22, 2010

musings

What inspires me to paint?

I've always loved to paint, since I was a little girl, watching my Mommy paint...but that's a whole other story for another time.

I am inspired when I remember that even in the deepest of winters, Spring DOES come. I see hope, true, real life hope. I am inspired when I see a surprising joy in the way one of my children says "OOOOOhhh!" as they see something they've never seen before in nature. There are a lot of individual things that inspire me. I guess that's what this 'musings' section will be about. Glimpses of things that are inspiring me.
Generally speaking I see what everyone sees: that there is a lot of pain and suffering and hopelessness in this world. That we are often found lost and alone. But what we don't always take the time to see are things like: hope, joy, peace, faith, reconciliation, miracles of life... These are the things that I am interested in painting. The things that inspire us all to stop and remember. To remember the true and good things in this life. For me, the things that help me see God more clearly. Yes, things are NOT always black and white and clear in this life, but truth and beauty don't have to be lost. I choose to look for these things. And my hope is that I can share these things with those who see my paintings. That you will choose to see these things too.
Can I get an Amen?! :)

1 comment: